Our three-month fellowship offers young adults affected by gun violence an immersive platform to work with our staff on transformative strategies. At the end of the program, the fellows will present the District Attorney with innovative policy or legislative solutions to address gun violence.
- Must be between the ages of 18-25
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be enrolled in college or have 1 year of work/volunteer experience
- Must currently reside, work, or attend college in one of the five boroughs
- Personal experience with gun violence is preferred
Materials to Apply
- One-page resume
- Essay discussing your personal experience with gun violence and/or your motivation to work in this field (300-word limit)
- Full time, paid, and in person
- Program runs from May 28th – August 21st of 2024
Applications for our 2024 Fellowship open February 5th, 2024. All applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm (EST) on March 4th, 2024.
Contact Education Coordinator, Elizabeth Artz, with questions at GVPFellowship@dany.nyc.gov or 212-335-4248
Meet previous Fellows!