The Manhattan District Attorney’s High School Internship Program is a rigorous internship that provides students with an insider’s view of the criminal justice system. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in workshops and discussions surrounding criminal justice, police brutality, civic engagement, leadership, and more.
Program participants will take part in a series of presentations and conversations with staff to build a foundational understanding of how policies are developed and implemented. Interns will receive a stipend of $175 per week.
We will be accepting applications from January 30 – March 28, 2023.
- Applicants must live in or attend school in Manhattan (no exceptions)
- Applicants must be current sophomores, juniors, or seniors
- Applicants must commit to attending the full six-week session from July 10 – August 25
- Interns will participate in-person Monday through Friday from 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
The application opens January 30, 2023, and closes on March 28, 2023, at 5:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time). Applicants must provide the following:
- One-page resume
- 300-word essay discussing your interest in criminal justice (for example, you may submit an essay discussing what “one standard of justice for all” means to you)